Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Lucky Rabbit's Foot

(New Monogram & Number Pillows are ready for purchase...contact me at rsmcarey@aol.com for more details!)

When I first started thinking about creating a blog, I came up with a list of possibilities for it's title. While I ultimately chose The Tarnished Crown...I also really liked Petticoat "Junk"tion (after the 1960's TV show since I always wanted to be one of the PJ sisters) and My Lucky Rabbit's Foot.


Now I'm thinking that after the month I've had, I really should have gone with My Lucky Rabbit's Foot.


Many of you know that about a month ago, my 16 year old son went in for a routine physical for Track. They found a lump in one of his neck lymph nodes. After a run of antibiotics and no change, they decided to do an MRI. It showed 2 additional borderline enlarged nodes and they recommended an open biopsy to take them all out. They didn't even want to do a needle biopsy because that procedure would not allow them to see if it were cancer or not. Needless to say, I had some pretty low moments of worry. My son said, "Why are you so worried, I'm not." I said, "Because part of a mom's job is to worry when their kids might be sick."


Riley had the surgery on Monday the 13th and we were given very optimistic news, that all three nods looked benign but we'd get the pathology report the following week. As if that wasn't enough, Riley had surgery on Monday and, on Thursday, we got the news that our friend's 17 year old son was in the hospital. On that same day, my middle daughter scratched her cornea with her contact and while we sat in the Acute Care we were getting updates on our friend's son. I am SO HAPPY to report that Riley's biopsy came back negative, our friend's son is home recuperating and Chelsea will never wear her contacts to bed ever again! Thank you God for those miracles! I'd also like to thank ALL of you who prayed for Riley. Our friends, family and people we don't know prayed for his health and I will forever be grateful for those prayers....Yes, indeed, I'm thinking I really should have titled my blog...My Lucky Rabbit's Foot. (Unfortunately, even if I wanted to change it, my 11 year old daughter decided to use it when she created her blog!)




New burlap pillows are in stock...

I have a selection of number pillows and Monogram ones. I only did a few monogram letters to start with, but plan to do more. Currently, I have in stock: R, A, C, H, & S. Next on the list are M, K,L & W. You can place orders if I don't have your letter and will contact you when it comes in stock. The monograms letters are black on brown burlap or black on white cotton. The pillows are $35 and down inserts are an additional $15 as an option. Contact me at rsmcarey@aol.com if you are interested in any of the pillows. I also have 2 cane back chairs that I've covered the seats in a burlap crown design that are ready to be added to your home decor. Very cute.

Time Saving New Uses Tips...
Remove Adhesive with Mayonnaise
Adhesive remover that banishes old stickers from mirrors, glass, and bumpers. Apply a generous helping to persistent adhesives and coax off with a flexible putty knife.

Clean Your Dishwasher with Lemonade Kool-Aid
Clean lime deposits and iron stains inside the dishwasher. Pour a packet of lemonade Kool-Aid (the only flavor that works) into the detergent cup and run the dishwasher while empty.Reward: The citric acid in the mix wipes out stains, so you don't have to.

These tips were passed on to me from a friend. I haven't tried them yet, but will definitely being trying the mayo on a glass top that has some stickers that need to be removed. Do you have any time saving tips...if so pass them on!


Have a great week! Look for me at Old Town Tustin, Sunday, April 26, Irvine Valley Colleg, May 3 and Rosebowl, May 11. Feel free to contact me at any time...rsmcarey@aol.com

6 comments:

  1. Your pillows are wonderful! I am so happy that the kids are all ok....there is nothing worse than to have a child with a serious illness. Happy to have discovered your blog...will be back again....(I like "The Tarnished Crown"!)
    Be well, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pillows! How will I know your booth in Tustin this weekend? I go to the Irvine Flea Market as well as the one in Tustin almost every month . . . would LOVE to be sure I don't miss stopping by your booth!

    I'm going to follow your blog so I don't miss out on anything *smiles* And if you get a chance, stop by mine so you can see what I look like, so if you see ME at either one of these events looking like I'm trying to find you, you can say "hey, it's me - the tarnished crown!" LOL

    Are you going to be at Glitterfest????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! Im loving those pillows! They would go just perfect in my home makeover. My heart skipped a beat or two while reading about your son. We had a similar thing happen with him. Still feel as though its not over but just hanging to my faith. He is 18 and too stubborn to go back to the DR. Its driving me crazy because I cant make him go.
    Anyway! I know you will do great with your pillows...love em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear that your son reports came back negative. God is good. Love it that He answered your prayers.
    Love your pillows too.
    One of these days I am coming to TX!
    Hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have just discovered your blog-love what I see.
    And I hope that everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rose! It was nice meeting you and your daughter at the flea market this morning. Please stop by my blog for a photo of Ally and the bag she made that I was lucky to get *smiles*

    ReplyDelete