Friday, May 15, 2009

Shop Til You Drop

Have you read any of the Shopaholic books? I absolutely loved the books and literally found myself laughing out loud while reading them. If you haven't read any of them, treat yourself to some simple carefree reading. Who among us hasn't experienced the angst of opening your Visa bill, then been stunned by the amount, convinced that someone else has charged on your account! And only after reviewing the items purchased, you begin to recall that they were all must haves at the time!

And speaking of shopping....


While I know we're all watching our pennies, there are two shows that you should try to get out to this weekend. The first annual "Glitterfest" is being held this Saturday. It promises to spotlight unique vendors who handmade all of the goods being sold. (I had hoped to participate selling my pillows, but my kids have several activities that conflicted.) With a name like "Glitterfest", you can bet there will be lots of irresistible shinny and glittery items that you won't be able to resist!

Glitterfest
is being presented by Diane White of Whimzy.
Saturday, May 16, 2009 9 am - 2 pm

On the Second Floor of the Knights of Pythias Historical Building
397 El Camino Real Old Town Tustin


There is also a show on Sunday, May 17th called Patchwork.

It is being billed as an Indie Arts & Crafts Festival 11 am - 5 pm

2202 1/2 North Main Street, Santa Ana

Good Luck to my friend Gloria who is selling at this show.


MOTHER'S DAY

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I admit I always work Rosebowl on Mother's Day and it's always a good shopping/selling day. This Mother's Day as I approached the front door to leave to go the Rosebowl at 5 am in the morning, my daughter Chelsea had taped a Happy Mother's Day note on the front door. Since I had stayed up really late sewing, it meant she had gotten up in the middle of night after I went to sleep and taped the note to the front door so I would be sure to see it as I walked out to go to the show! A great way to start my Mother's Day. I love, love, love, when my kids still make me handmade cards and signs. So much better than any store bought one.

I'm fortunate that my mom is still alive and was able to call her and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. I think my mom is still as beautiful today as she was when I was born. (Above photo)

I'm one of those people who falls into the fortunate circle of believing "I Have The Best Mom". She is so very generous and has always put everyone else before herself. While I could go on and on with my stories of her love, I think this one stands out the most.

When I was going to college at Stephen F. Austin in Nacogodoches, Texas (about 3 hours from our home in Houston), I experienced my first real migraine headache. I had never had one before and all I knew was that it felt like my head was going to explode. I called my mom crying. She said,take an aspirin, turn off the lights and go to sleep. That is exactly what I did. Only to be awaken several hours later to a knock at my dorm door. I opened the door and there stood my mom! She wanted to make sure I was OK. I remember she stopped at a roadside stand and bought me some fresh blackberries. Yes, I truly have been blessed with an incredible mom who loved my brother, sister and I unconditionally. My kids are just as lucky to have her as their grandmother.

And speaking of my mom....off to Texas at the end of this month. Can't wait to see my mom and dad and oh yes, can't wait to hit the flea markets.

BLOG EXTREME MAKEOVER Exciting news...my blog will finally be getting a Blog Extreme Makeover. Stay tuned...hopefully will have a new look in the next few weeks!

"A Day Without Laughter is a Day Wasted"....have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. How I wished I lived in your area to attend Glitterfest! You are so right just the name sounds wonderful!!!
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitterfest was a blast! I had the best time I've had all year . . . surrounded by so many creative people. Sorry you were not able to attend. I'm sure (or at least I sure hope) Sheryl will have another one :)

    I've posted a few photos on my blog if you'd like to see what you missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rose!! I love my pillows! I posted about you on my personal blog. Let me know when you are ready for your makeover! :)

    ReplyDelete