Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Summer!
It's hard to believe that it's been over a month since I posted my last blog. It has been a ridiculously busy June. First, there were all the end of the school year events to attend. Then summer kicked off with the juggling of 3 kid's summer activities and schedules. The end of the school year always leaves me feeling nostalgic. You begin to wonder where did the time go...all the memories of your kid's first day of school come flooding back.



In addition to seeing my nephew graduate from high school, we celebrated Chelsea's Jr. High promotion to High School and then....


we said our final farewell to elementary school as Ally promoted to Jr. High. Sigh....

Since it has been over a month since I've posted my last blog, I have lots of "New" things to share with you. I'll try to make this short and sweet!
Newbie #1 - Blog Extreme Make Over




Hopefully my first "newbie" is obvious -- my new blog design! Don't you love it! I do! It was designed by wonderfully talented designer, Kelly from Dallas, also known as "fabulous K creative". Check out her talents and her portfolio at http://www.fabulouskcreative.com/. Kelly contacted me to see if I would be interested in doing a trade...a few pillows in exchange for a new blog design. I jumped at the chance! Fabulous K captured exactly the feel and essence that I wanted for my blog...clean, crisp and stylish. If you're thinking about starting a blog or giving your current blog a face lift, consider contacting Kelly. You'll be so happy you did.

Newbie #2 - NEW PILLOW DESIGNS




I am pleased to showcase my new selection of pillow designs. I have added 2 new French phrases which include: Maison de vie (Cottage Living) and Joie de le vie (The Joy of Living) . Both phrases were suggested by blogger,Suzanne at Southern Inspiration . Thank you Suzanne!




I've also added a wonderful new bird design to my pillow collection along with the monogram "K". I'm also adding "G" this week.

Currently, the monograms I have available are: A, B, C, G, H, K, L, M, R, S.


Newbie #3 - Flea Market Find





I recently picked up a new trinket at the Tustin flea market. I assure you this is one item that will not show up at any of my shows as a resale item. In May, Ally and I were doing the Tustin Flea Market and the vendor across from us was fostering and attempting to adopt out two kittens. Wellllllll....you can guess the rest. Ally begged me to let her get one of the kittens for her upcoming birthday. Surprisingly, she called her dad who said OK. So now she is the proud mother of a new kitten she named Emmett. Emmett really gives new meaning to the term "Flea" Market. (He doesn't really have fleas.)



Did I really say I would try to make this short and sweet....



Texas Trip - Home Sweet Home!



Had a wonderful wonderful time attending my nephew's graduation and visiting with all my family. My sister and I had a blast Flea Marketing at Canton and picked up lots of goodies. We were there when it opened and were picking up last minute items as vendors were packing up and we still didn't get through the entire market. I shipped two boxes back and still have more junk that I left at my parents house. One of my favorite items I picked up were these 2 old building drains. They were white, canary yellow and red and had the weathered chippy paint look. I'm so excited to report I'm headed back to Texas again in 2 weeks to go to my 30 year high school reunion (yikes!). Does anyone know how to loose 15 lbs. in 2 weeks?

While in Texas, I also had lunch with my high school journalism teacher, Ann Brannen. We talked as though we were catching up after not seeing each other after just a few months. I'll see her again when I head to Houston in a few weeks. She truly will be a lifelong friend and I only hope my kids end their school years with someone to remember just like her.


La Maison Rustique Barn Sale


I had an opportunity to set up as a vendor at La Maison Rustique's monthly barn sale on June19. If you have not been to Linda Carpenter's monthly barn sale in Temecula, you need to put this outing on your "to do list". La Maison Rustique offers buyers a fantastic selection of unique and must have "junk". After shopping at the barn, you can enjoy a tasty lunch at one of the many winery restaurants. Is there really a better way to spend a day?

Linda is one of the sweetest lady's I've ever met and I am in awe of her talent. I'll send out a reminder for her next show which will not be until August as she is off in July for a well deserved vacation.


Did I say I would keep this short and sweet?? OK...I lied...sorry!




A Day Without Laughter Is A Day Wasted......














































































































4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I knew you were from Houston!!!??? Did you tell me that? When will you be here and to what school did you go? And how sweet of you to mention my suggestions for your pillows, which are fabulous!! I'm sure those will sell well they are so great! And I've been to Canton twice, would love another trip there! It's so fun, isn't it????
    Looking forward to seeing more of your treasures from there!!! If you're bored in Houston, call me!! :)

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows are just gorgeous Rose!! Will be back more to visit later.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did Chelsea get so big? I cannot even believe that she is entering high school! I love your blog and can't wait to see you on Monday. Hope you can make it!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose you have a beautiful blog- love your flea market kitty!
    The pillows are gorgeous, can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete