Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tis The Season

Holiday Traditions...

Do you have any holiday traditions from your childhood that you are now continuing with your kids. My husband and I each have one that we have tried to continue with our three kids. When I was little, we always went to buy our Christmas tree on my birthday...Dec. 7. While we haven't been able to do this every year, we try to. Normally, each person in our family has a different opinion on which tree to select. This year the selection was easy. It was pouring rain and we all agreed on the first tree we saw.


My husband's tradition is a little more unique. He has 2 brothers and every year, each boy was responsible for moving a wiseman closer to the manger. They would travel all over their house and would end up at the manger on Christmas Eve night. So everyday, the wisemen could be anywhere in the house, stairs, piano, tables....you had to be careful not to step on them. My husband said he and his brothers would get competitive if one wiseman was too far ahead of the other 2! Conveniently, we have 3 kids and they, too, move the wiseman each night. Here they are making their way down our stairs.

A few years ago, my mother-in-law gave each one of her sons their wiseman. Here is my husband's wiseman. I absolutely love it!


Spreading a little holiday cheer with a few of my holiday pillows.

Soldering 101!

My friends, Julie and Sue, and I took Rita's soldering class in Fallbrook. So much fun...lots of laughter. Rita was so encouraging and patient!


I can't believe I made these two charms! Even though I need lots of practice, Rita made it seem easy. I'm ordering my soldering supplies so I can make more goodies.

Rita's Welcome Wagon! Does it get any better.



My classmates along with our Soldering Leader!

A real bonus to the class was being treated to Rita's husband's cooking. Dean welcomed us with lattes and hot chocolates, then came in with mid morning snack of french bread, homemade pesto and avocados and finally, he served French Onion Soup and dessert for lunch.

We all think Dean should offer cooking classes.
Thank you for the perfect day - Rita and Dean! I can't wait to come back.



As a vendor at Country Roads, I was well aware that Rachel Ashwell was going to be at the store for her book signing. Since I was working the Long Beach Flea Market on that day, I knew I would miss out on this fun event. Imagine my surprise when I got a call from Katie at Country Roads telling me that Rachel was interested in purchasing something from my booth. What a compliment. An even bigger surprise was Rachel was still at CR when I stopped in at 4 pm.

Here is my autographed book.

First Pillow Winner Giveaway!

Congratulations to Gail Kramer, winner of my first Pillow Giveaway. She selected the Joie de la vie burlap pillow sham. Enjoy, Gail! Everyone can look forward to another give away in the near future.

And speaking of pillows...here's my new design...I call it the Queen Bee! It turned out really cute and notice I added a little bling to the burlap ones! Contact me if you're interested in purchasing one.



Still busy making my new bottles. Thank you for the wonderful response to the bottles. You can contact me if you want to purchase one. My New Year's resolution is to get my etsy store up and running!


Still Time for Holiday Shopping....Wine Toppers Extreme!

My friend Kathryn makes these incredible feather wine toppers...which would make an incredibly unique gift for the hostess with the mostest! Please visit Kathryn's website at http://www.featherwinetoppers.com/ .





As always.....remember...


A Day Without Laughter Is A Day Wasted.


















































































4 comments:

  1. I found you though Rita.....I really enjoyed your blog.....I will pop in again soon!! Have a great rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- cool Rachel story! How cool that she found something in your booth that she liked!! How cool is that!

    (Here I thought she was out of dough!)

    deb
    www.relics.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose,

    Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    As always your blog looks amazing...I just love reading it.

    That's so awesome that you got to meet Rachel and that she bought one of your amazing pieces.

    I enjoyed the picture of you and Sue and the other gals at Rita's during your soldering class.

    Count me in for your January class!

    Merry Christmas!

    Carylanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm learning to solder too. Loved that black look...very cool. Tara and Tracy sent me this direction. Love your style girl. That chandelier necklace in Tracy's post today was bea-u-ti-ful!!

    ReplyDelete