Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Madness



Happy Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Go Green takes on new meaning in the Carey household on St. Paddy's Day. First, it is impossible to start the day without wishing our own lucky charm a very Happy Birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!

My little leprechaun turns 15 this St. Patrick's Day. She has the true spirit of the Fighting Irish. I am amazed by her and all of her talents at such a young age. Yes, I'm bias, but if you met her, I think you'd also be impressed with her compassion, beauty, intellect and down to earth personality. Happy Birthday to my real life four leaf clover. OK, enough from this braggy mom.... Moving on.

This is a new piece I recently picked up. Don't you love it?


I almost sold it at RB several times, but since it was my first time to take it to a show, I stayed firm on the price. Still a great deal at $95! I think at some point someone slightly modified it... adding tray handles to the top and wheels to the bottom. Great storage space!

To me its such a versatile piece that can pull off any number of looks...here are a few of my ideas...which one is your favorite, A, B, or C?

Which way would you use it? A, B or C?

A Little Piece Of My World
This entry's " A Little Piece of My World" spotlights my love for animal print shoes!!! They are my vice! Most recently, I picked up these little sweets at Ann Taylor. I had been eyeing them since last August, but they were $129. Not a chance. In November, while xmas shopping,they were marked down to $79...still no go. When I went in a few weeks ago, there was one last pair and they were $29! They are 1/2 larger than what I wear but at $29, I can make it work.



Carrie Bradshaw can have her high heel Jimmy Choos. To me there's nothing better than a fashionable pair of animal print flats. I so want to add these new open toe Steve Maddens. They are calling my name!!! I love the little red floret on top. Maybe if I do really good at Long Beach this week, I can treat myself. They are just so purrrrfect.
I did a new show earlier this month. It's called the Whistle Stop Flea Market in Carlsbad, the first Saturday of the month. Even though it's a really small show (23 vendors total) and the weather wasn't great, I still had a great time and look forward to participating again in the future. My neighbor at the show was Jeri. Her booth and her attire both reflect her "chirpy" personality. She has been dealing with antiques forever and owns a home/2 antique stores and a barn in Wisconsin. I loved getting to know her and hearing all about the barn sales in Wisconsin.



Congratulations Rachel L. and Heather J...They are the winners of my March Necklace Giveaway. Stay tuned for another give away next month.


If you're looking for a special Mother's Day gift....I'm offering a custom charm. You can email me the photo and I'll make a custom charm for you. You can select the wording on the backside...The cost is $25 and includes an 18" ball chain necklace. Email me if you want more details. rsmcarey@aol.com


If anyone knows of any Spring boutiques, please let me know. I'm wanting to add a few shows to my calendar.

Did you know.....

This month marks my 1 year blogging anniversary. It was one year ago this month that I posted my first blog. I am so appreciative to all of you who have supported me in my endeavor. I am in awe of many of your blogs...thank you for sharing.

5 comments:

  1. ok, I love the animal print shoes!! love love love. And as for the lovely piece of furniture, I love every way you styled it...so I can't choose one or the other, there are so many ways to use this piece. I spied it at the flea oon sunday, but I have no more room for furniture, except for your bed, lol! so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all 3 as well, but I think I would pick C. Though, it could be used as a "bar" when you have guests come over.
    Love the shoes ... my favorite print!
    Can't wait for my new necklace!
    Heather J.

    PS Happy Birthday Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - love reading your post - what a gorgeous daughter!!!

    I vote for #3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose!! It's Allegra from my visit with Tara and Tracy this past weekend :)
    I just had come say hi and tell you how much I LOVE my frames I purchased from you! They're on my mantle if you want to check out my blog and I will be back!! :) You set up was just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the table. My favorite option c.

    ReplyDelete