Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Giddy Up Girl!




Giddy Up, Girl!
Like they say in Texas, if you fall off your horse, you've just gotta get back on. In my case, I've fallen off my blogging horse. Minutes turn into hours, hours turn into days, days turn into weeks, well, you get the picture. Then one day you wake up and find it's been 3 months since you've written your last blog... oh well, let's giddy up and get going....

Lots to Catch Up On...


Look for me!
At the Irvine Valley Flea Market this weekend. I’ll be at Christie Repasy and Rita Read’s upcoming Chateau De Fleurs show, June 18 & 19, 9-5 pm. This is one show you won’t want to miss. They really go all out on the show and their vendors!!! Location: 1524 S. Hill Ave. Fallbrook, Ca.

If it's June...it's Graduation!
Congratulations to my son Riley who is graduating this month. He is our first child to graduate so we're really excited and have family arriving from Texas and Florida for the big day.


In April, we anxiously waited for the mail to arrive each day. There is something to be said about opening up admission letters, actually holding the piece of paper in your hands, and reading the words "Congratulations Riley". It was far more thrilling than opening the collage admissions emails. Let's hear it for the good old fashion mailbox letters! Riley will be off to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in Fall. Go Mustangs!

Big News...Urban Barn

I have taken a space at Linda Carpenters' new Urban Barn store in Escondido, CA. When I first pulled up and saw this industrial building just off the freeway, I thought - YIKES, what was Linda thinking! And then she opened the garage style doors. It was like going from seeing everything in black and white to everything in color for the first time. It's filled with vintage eye candy! This picture doesn't do it justice. It was taken on the day the store opened and it's now filled with twice as much have -to- have junk! So much to see! Location: 155 W. Crest, Escondido. Open Wednesday-Saturday.

Need Inspiration...

Then go purchase Jenny Doh's new book, "Inspiration, Where Women Create". Jenny is an amazing artist, blogger, knitter, flea marketer, editor and above all else author.

My friend Carolanne and I went to the Country Roads book signing and we not only purchased our books and had them signed by Jenny, but also enjoyed a wonderful conversation with her. She is one of those individuals that you could listen to for hours....she shared some personal stories of when she came to the US from Korea, she talked about taking her leap of faith when she left her job as a social worker to become an editor (the funny thing is we believe we crossed paths years ago when she was a Social Worker and I was doing PR for Orangewood Children’s Home) and she shared her thoughts on where the future might be headed in the world of magazines, blogging and books.

The minute I came home, I curled up and attempted to soaked in all the details in the book…the photos, biographies, and stories of inspiration.

New treasures....
I’ll have some fun new items at all my upcoming shows…but if for some reason you can’t make it and are interested in these goodies, just contact me.


New Union Jack Pillows...20 x 20, $35 without the down filler and $50 with the filler.


New tea towels….Pick your design on either a white or teastained tea towel...Cost $8 and $10 if they have fringe sewn on them. Design selection: Crown design with Junk Queen inscription, Gold King's Crown, Paris with Eiffel tower, Monograms, Live, Laugh, Love inscription, Queen Bee design and inscription, Eiffel tower image and Ferris Wheel image, Paris Flea Market.

A Little Piece Of My World...

(My nephew Chris with my daughter Ally at a family reunion 6 years ago. This pic was taken on the day we did a joint Bday party for the two July birthday cousins.)
It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that my husband and I flew to Baltimore a few weeks ago for the unexpected passing of our 21 year old nephew, Christopher. We are all devastated by the loss. God Speed Chris, we love you and will always miss you.

Memorial Day...
On Memorial Day, my neighbor called and said she was having an impromptu get together. By these photos, you can tell it was a perfect gathering...games of badmitton were going on while the chickens and rabbit ran around, grown-ups enjoyed Noah's special margaritas and everyone enjoyed hotdogs and hamburgers.

Thanks Bailey family. And most importantly, thank you Vets.








2 comments:

  1. Rose
    It was so very wonderful to read your post. How exciting for your son, we both have a graduate this June. I am so sorry for th eloss of your nephew, that is never easy. My heart is with your family. I am so very hoping that I can see you this Sunday and even make it our to Fallbrook.

    My best to you always
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see your new post...It is wonderfully written and very heartwarming. I had so much fun going with you to meet Jenny at her book signing. She is a very inspiring.
    Looking forward to another adventure and seeing you in Fallbrook.
    Best always,
    Carylanne

    ReplyDelete