Monday, November 15, 2010

I once was lost, but now I"m found....

How perfect are the lyrics from Amazing Grace that tell the journey of my church pew....
"I once was lost"....

This 12 foot church pew was lost and discarded behind a wonderful old white chapel in Texas, when I found it. With the help of my dad, brother-in-law and nephew, we hauled it out of the stack of discards.

The weather conditions had taken a toll on the wood and one end of the pew was completely damaged and rotted. Another issue was that the pew was 12 feet long! Leave it to my wonderful dad and his incredible carpentry talents to cut it down to 6 feet (we're thinking about making it 4 feet because it's still a little long) and rebuilt the end to match the other end. He even added the scrolls on both sides to hide some nails that were used to rebuild the pew.


"Now I'm found"...


The church pew has found its way to my home and will never leave. A treasured gift from my dad that will always remind me of him. My daughter has already called it as her to pass down in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Your dad is an artist in the true sense of the word! The pew is beautiful; the warm glow of the wood is enticing and inviting....can't wait to sit a spell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Rose! I bet there are so many places to find such great things in Texas. I think you found a gem! It looks perfect where you have it.

    ReplyDelete