Friday, November 26, 2010

It's Starting To Look A Like Christmas...

It's starting to look a like Christmas,but first let me " wrap up" a few things... Happy Hanukkah to those of you celebrating Hanukkah!
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving....have you finally finished all your Thanksgiving left overs? My husband makes an incredible turkey chili with our left over turkey and it's been so yummy with our cooler days that we've been experiencing. Do you any special recipes to share with what to do with Thanksgiving left overs?

For me, Thanksgiving was perfect. A lazy day at home with all the traditional fixings. It was great having my son home. My family felt complete.
I love this sign Ally made for him and posted on his bedroom door!
Since today is December 4th, I guess most of us have already started to deck the halls and hauled out the holly. Do you still have young family members who believe in Santa. If so, sit back and enjoy every second.....the innocent time and magic of believing goes by so quickly.
As the holidays are quickly approaching, I'm doing a Holiday Giveaway. The drawing will be December 10. Just leave a message and you'll in the drawing for a holiday tea towel and charm.
I have to share....my friend made this recipe for a meeting that I attended and it was unbelievable good and sooooo soooo easy to make. This Creme Brulee French Bread dish is perfect for Christmas morning or in my case, the just because mornings. Enjoy! ( I made it twice this week for 2 different events and both times forgot to take pictures- duh!)

Creme Brulee French Toast

* 1 stick unsalted butter
*1 cup packed brown sugar
*2 Tablespoons corn syrup
* Full loaf of Country White sliced bread
*5 large eggs
*1 1/2 cups half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture into a 13 x9 2 inch baking dish. Stack two bread slices at a time and trim off crusts. Discard end pieces. Arrange the double layer bread slices in baking dish squeezing them slightly to fit.

In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla, Grand Marnier and salt until combined. Pour evenly over bread. Cover and chill bread mixture at least 8 hours and up to one day.

Preheat over 350 and bring bread to room temperature.

Bake bread mixture, uncovered in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly dust with powdered sugar.

Serve hot and extra yummy with a side of berries.

Happy Holidays...and remember, A Day Without Laughter Is A Day Wasted. Hugs.






7 comments:

  1. Hi Rose, I haven't talked to you in such a long time. I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving and that having Riley home made it that much nicer! I love the great giveaway, so generous of you and so perfect for the season!
    I especially love the pic on the towel since I just learned to origami these 3D stars and have been filling apothecary jars with them, they make for a beautiful display! Also, thanks for the recipe, my MIL makes one similar to this but we only get to have it on Easter morning, I will try to convince her to make this for Christmas morning since that is were we'll be.

    Hugs,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose,
    Yay this works! :)
    I would love to see other Christmas pendants!
    Thank you so much!

    I am also going to try your recipe soon. It sounds very yummy yet not so difficult~~

    Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back to blogging.
    Hope you are having a good week so far.
    Happy Holidays!!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Rosemary Carey!! Hope you had a nice surprise visit from Kathy. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased pillows from you over a year and still get many compliments - they just spruce up a sofa so well!! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rose,

    Would you do me a favor?
    I also need 2 'A' pendants.
    When you show me the other pendants, would you mind showing me A's if you have any?
    Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rose!

    I loved going through your blog. I was not on your list before...so this was my first visit. I loved all of the pictures and all the family "history."
    I miss you and love you SOOO much!
    Linda Carey

    ReplyDelete