Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hearts and Heartache



Welcome to February, friends. This month I send you 28 days of “heart “ felt pleasures and blessings.

Today I share with you a few of my “heart”felt loves and one very deep “heart”ache.

Straight from the heart


I’m not really big on “theme” pillows, but I came up with a few V-day pillows to sell. All the burlap V-day pillows are $35 with the down insert and $20 without. Just contact me if you're interested in getting one. (They're ready to ship.)

I'm loving the red ticking stripe ticking pillows in the back. (This is not a burlap pillow) They can be used all year long.

A Different Kind of heart…a broken one

Many of you remember meeting my little Flea Market kitty, Emmett, We got him in May 2009 from a dealer at the Tustin Flea Market who was volunteering for a cat rescue.

When he didn’t come home for dinner last week my daughter and I went to look for him. We found he had been hit by a car. We rushed him to the vet, but he died. I truly thought my heart was going to break.

Do not be fooled by this sweet and innocent face. He was fearless even as a kitten. He was a roamer who ran out the front door every chance he got. He learned how to opened the cabinet where his food was kept and figured out that if he swatted at his food long enough, he could get it to spill all over the floor and he could eat until his heart content.

He was a cat that thought he was a dog. He and our border collie had a love/hate relationship and would play fight until someone gave up. It was usually our border collie. Here are the two of them just resting together.

He would run for his life when he knew he was in trouble for picking on our other cat, Brinkley. I call this his mug shot.
But he always won our hearts over every time we picked him up and he instantly starting purring. I know many people will say…he was just a cat. Maybe so, I will miss his mischief and unconditional love greatly.

OK, tears all wiped.

Follow Your Heart…

It’s been almost a year since I opened my space at the Urban Barn. I remember how torn I was whether or not to leave Country Roads. I loved being there and truly loved the owner Sue and her team. But in the end, I followed my heart which took me to the Urban Barn.

It’s been a wonderful journey. Linda Carpenter is the real heart beat behind the Urban Barn and someone I’m glad to call my friend. She has recently gone into partnership with Linda Kurry and with Linda K’s addition, I see wonderful things ahead for the UB. I call them“The Lindas.”

Make it a point to get to the Urban Barn if you have not already visited this wonderland of vintage treasures. Here are pics of my space and of a few fellow vendors.

A touch of pink for the month of February.

Don't you love my industrial index files? They are so heavy!

I'm stocking lots of pillows at the UB.



Here's Linda Kurry in her space with her beautiful daughter who is also working at UB.

Like mother, like daughter!

Here is Deb's space next to mine. She always has wonderful items to pick from.

I heart her little rustic table!

Have a wonderful week and give your pets an extra hug this week!

14 comments:

  1. Even after looking at all of the beautiful stuff, Iam still teary. I feel the same about my animals. They are my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so brave to share your heart and the tearful story about your little kitty. The pictures of him are so cute - what a sweet pet he must have been!

    I love the pictures of your space at the Urban Barn! Are you selling those heart pillows? If so...your biggest pillow fan wants one!

    I'd love for you to link up with my Linky party tomorrow - sharing all things lovey and Valentine's festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your precious kitty Rose :o(

    Your space looks absolutely gorgeous and those pillows are TDF! I miss all the red I had in my house, you just made me want to add it back in again.

    Take care,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rose
    So sorry about your loss of Emmett. I hope that your heartache will ease up as the days pass. Love the pillows and all of your displays at Urban Barn!

    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rose, it was so great to see you today, what a treat!!! Thanks for the lunch and the cupcake you brought rita for her B-Day was awesome!!! I was so sad to hear of your kitty :( See you soon, XO Christie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Rose, I'm so sad to hear about your cute kitty.Your booth looks awesome! I plan on making it down there soon! Happy V-Day!
    XO
    Eloise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rose, I am so sorry about your kitty, I met little emmet, I know how you feel my dear, we lost a kitty a few months ago~ it was so nice to see you at the flea, thanks for my little surprise, and my goodies look fab! hope you have a good week, I am drooling over your index files! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose, I am very sorry about Emmet. Nice seeing you yesterday and I look forward to seeing you after I return from Hawaii! ALOHA! Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose,

    Good to see you yesterday at Irvine! Sorry about Emmet, pets always find a way into our hears! Here is the link to my blog. Have a great month, some day I will make it out to Urban Barn.

    Laura
    http://laurmelashouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweet Rose, I am so sorry for your loss!! I know that these precious little animals become a huge part of our families and it is so painful when we lose them!
    On a happier note, your space looks incredible!! I have been dying to get out to the barn since I moved back to So Cal. I have been wanting to be a vendor at the street fair that they hold every month. Hopefully this summer!
    Thank you Rose for all of the lovely comments you always leave me, they make my day.
    Have a wonderful day.
    sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am new here...wandering around heart broken as well. I am so sorry to hear about Emmett. I understand how your heart must be breaking. "Her" sweet silly girl, Arwen, who was rescued from the middle of a six lane highway, died Monday late afternoon. Purrhaps only a cat to some, but to the rest of us...fur or not, they are your children and love runs deep. So too does the hurt. May you find happy memories and may the love outshine the pain you feel right now.

    Purrs,

    Romeo, brofur to Arwen (6/25/04 - 2/7/11)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry about your kitty. It's so hard to lose a family member like that

    ReplyDelete
  13. I awarded you the Stylish Blogger award today! Come on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I'm a new follower...Love your blog!! I Just love the pics of the Pillows, I Love pillows..

    ReplyDelete