Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh Fleas, how I love thee...

It's Sunday morning and the alarm goes off at 4:30 am.  It's so warm under my blankets and so cold outside. I have to get up but I milk it for at least another 5-10 minutes.  Then, it's time to REALLY get out of bed and get ready to leave for the flea market.

Once I get to the market, it all comes back to me. I remember how much I love them. I love working them and shopping them. As long as the weather is cooperating, the day passes quickly as you display your treasures, laugh with friends, and reconnect with old acquaintances.


Displaying, laughing, and reconnecting were the way I spent both Flea days this month at Irvine and Rosebowl . Here is a glimpse at both market days...

Displaying

 




New seaside pillows!

Easter egg hunt, anyone?

Lots of charms. Pick your favorite.


Laughing

My friend Juanita came down from Ventura for the Irvine show. She had never been to Irvine. She stayed at my house overnight and we stayed up way to late laughing and gabbing. We spent all day Sunday laughing...and thinking back, it was mosly at each other (and at my neighbor, Art)!


Reconnecting

I reconnected with my Mary E. at the Irvine show.  Mary used to buy tons of pillows from my former business partner and I when she worked for an interior design company that did model homes.  Now she sells t-shirts and accessories for the animal lover population. She wants me to do a line of charms for her business.  We're meeting for lunch to discuss!



Yes, this Sunday the alarm will go off telling me it's time to get up and get ready to leave for the Long Beach Vets Flea Market, (space G-228, white section).  I will not want to get up. But I will. And at the end of the day, I will so glad I did.

Please stop by and visit as I  display, laugh, and reconnect the day away.
hUgS,
Rose

7 comments:

  1. Oh Rose,
    I would love to come and see you at the flea markets!! Your booth looks fabulous!!
    Hope your doing well and have a lovely day.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rpse,

    Sorry I missed you at Irvine, we had a senior dinner for Kailey. Just not enough time in the day! LMK what you think about my latest venture.
    http://laurmelashouse.blogspot.com/2011/03/fun-with-burlap.html I was going to put them on etsy, but have too many word of mouth orders to keep up with! Hope to see you soon.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming to the Flea on Sunday and will be looking for you! I love your pillows and need some for my new bedding. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose,
    The new pics look so pretty! My "Aloha" pillow is amazing! I love your new seaside ones and hope to grab some at LB!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how we love your displays at the flea!!!

    Just gorgeous as always, I love your new sea side pillows they are so coastal. Your talent is always a force to be admired.

    Have a great week see you at Vets!!!

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose - It was nice to meet you - and glad I remembered where I left my pillow! It looks great in my home. Thanks - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rose -
    I bought 2 gray and white pillows from you at the April LB market and a tray! I have been dreaming about your seaside pillows for my new home that I am moving into in July....literally this is all my mom and I talk about how great they would look!! I hope to get there early next time before they sell out!!! You have an amazing talent and I am so thankful I got to finally meet you. Cannot wait to see you at the next LB market and get some more of your precious pillows and maybe a few more trinkets! Hope all is well and see you in a few weeks at the May LB market!!!
    -jamie

    ReplyDelete