Monday, October 17, 2011

October Days

Fall is my favorite season.
It's as though October rolls around and suddenly, you can't wait to pull out your packed away sweaters.  You also find yourself thinking about cooking some sort of yummy soup for dinner. Well ... even though, Southern California's weather isn't cooperating (it was in the 90's yesterday), it hasn't stopped me from pulling out the Orange decor to celebrate the days of October.

I buy these mini pumpkin stems from Trader Joe's and
use them in both my home and shows throughout October and November.
Don't you love the way they pop against this old white bucket?
Touches of Halloween all over my home....ok,ok, maybe just a tad more than just a touch.



I always put lots of candles on the fireplace mantle, especially at Halloween.
Here, you can see my collection of old kid Halloween shakers, next to my daughter's 2nd grade clay pumpkin.

My kitchen Halloween kitty always makes me smile.


Unfortunately,my witch is kinda silhouetted by the back light.
Each year, she happily takes her spot on the dinning room table
.
I hang my Wendy Addison trick or treat masquerade on the stairs below a black crow.

Yesterday's Long Beach show was a great show 
and a perfect opportunity to add a touch of October to my booth.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Rose

    Love your Autumn touches!!! Enjoying my book everynight Thank you again Have a wonderful week.

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Rose!
    You are amazing...you even decorate your house!
    Love the dining room...but I don't see any of the famous pumpkin candy...LOL!!
    Missed you at Glitterfest and hope to see you very soon!
    xx
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete