Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ever Ready Bunny

Last week I felt like a bunny rabbit - not the cute cuddly type, but more like the Ever Ready type!  From Tuesday - Saturday, I went non stop!


Late Tuesday afternoon, I got invited to be part of a local show that was scheduled for Thursday.  I was low on inventory so I painted and sewed all day Wednesday to have enough treasures to present at the show. Wow! -Not only was it an incredibly successful show (and worth staying up till midnight sewing pillows!), but I also got to spend the day visiting with so many of the moms from my daughter's school.  A really fun day.  

Since I sold so much on Thursday, I got up early Friday and headed to Matilda's to see if I could find some new treasures.  Where else but at Matilda's would you be greeted by the tweet of a "display" of live chicks and ducklings.  As you can see from the pictures, the Easter decor was in full force at Matilda's   








On Saturday morning, I headed out early to an estate sale that was by invitation only.  It was kinda a preview sale with only about 30 people invited to the event.  Have you ever seen "American Pickers"?  This estate sale was a true picker event.  The organizers advised you to bring a flashlight, wear long pants, close toe shoes and gloves.  As long as you were willing to walk the acreage and dig through piles, treasures were there to be found.  (Sorry the pics aren't great of the estate sale, but I was too busy digging to take time out to take pictures.)



  A few of my picks...I want to make hanging lights out of the metal baskets I got below.


By Sunday, my batteries ran out.  It was the perfect day to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, relax and go to the movies to see The Hunger Games. Now that I've caught my breath, I'm ready to sell at Irvine on Sunday and even more ready to leave on Monday to go home to Texas and shop the Roundtop Antique market!!!!   Come see me at Irvine, East Side, Row 5, Space 7.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose, just caught up on your blog. Sounds like you have been buzzzy! Tricia is all setup and has been selling lots. I'll look forward to seeing you in TEXAS! Hee-Haw!!
    Happy Trails,
    Eloise

    ReplyDelete