Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Perfect Weekend

As a marketplace/flea market vendor, your business really relies on the blessings of Mother Nature's good weather.  This last weekend was Perfect.   The beautiful spring weather brought out the best in everyone at both the The Vintage Oaks Friday and Saturday marketplace and Sunday's Irvine flea market. Snapshots from my booth at both shows....



Setting up at The Vintage Oaks can be intimidating. You REALLY have to up your game because every vendor there is AMAZING.  The booth set-ups are incredible and everyone brings wonderful product! I always show up feeling a little nervous that my goods aren't up to the standards around me.  Then I have to remind myself, I've done my best and move forward!  The Vintage Oaks show was once again so much fun and attended by so many friendly shoppers!  

I purchased this incredible architect piece for my home, but it was to big for the wall, so now I'm selling it.
I sold this wonderful farm table!
My lovely vintage swans. 
   It's hard to believe the top half, which weighed at least 100 pounds, was just being held up by the reinforced re bar.


With spring in the air, I strayed away from my neutral palette for both shows and accented my booth with some brighter colors.
Do you like my new headbands....all made with bright spring colors!

Sewed and sold lots of spring pillows. 

One of my regular Rosebowl shoppers lives near Fallbrook so she brought her adorable 3 daughters to the marketplace.
My tall Mr. Peter Rabbit went home with them....awwwwwww!
Shoppers enjoyed my handmade Easter ribbons for $5.  Will have lots more at Glitterfest.
Thank you Christie, Rita and Dean for another wonderful show.  Christie, Rita and Dean really go above and beyond to support their vendors!!!  XOXO to you guys.  Special thanks to Cheryl for taking the day off from work to help me at the show.

The Irvine Flea Market on Sunday started out a little rocky. MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF! So instead of getting up at 4:30 and getting to Irvine at 5 am, I woke up at 5:57 and arrived at 6:20.  Thanks to my vendor neighbors, Art and Janice, who pitched in to helped me unload. Working at mock speed, I was set up within 1/2 an hour.  After that, the day - ROCKED.  The weather was so beautiful and the aisles were filled with shoppers.






You know the saying "No rest for the wicked!".  I'll be at Glitterfest on Saturday and Rosebowl on Sunday.   And  at the end of the month, I'm headed to Roundtop to shop and get lots of new goodies!

HuGs.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant as always Rose!!! So happy Mother Nature was good to all of you. Much success to you again this weekend at Glitterfest & Rosebowl

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy little bee Ms Rose. So I take it you didn't have time to build a chic little cottage to display your treasures in at TVM. lol
    Maybe next time. I know a contractor I can recommend. lol

    I'll see you at GLITTERFEST!
    Irma

    ReplyDelete