Wednesday, June 27, 2012

An Invitation to the porch


It's still early and the house is quiet with the girls sleeping and my son and husband off to work.  I steal this time to grab some juice, my laptop, and head out to my porch.  Nothing says California summer more than being outdoors and my porch, accented with white iron rusty chairs, comfy down filled pillows and chippy paint urns, provides the perfect place to create a post that links to the wonderful Kathleen's White Wednesday at Faded Charm.


In just a few hours this time of sitting on my porch and taking in the surroundings of white english roses growing wildly out of control, hydrangeas bursting into bloom and old glory standing tall and proud, will be long gone. The fresh air will melt away into a typical summer day of daily tasks...driving Ally to tennis lessons, picking up Ally from tennis lessons, driving her to a friend's house, picking her up from the friend's house, stopping by the grocery store, preparing dinner...



And even though the morning serenity will be gone before I know it, I look forward to heading back to the porch later in the evening with a glass of wine to take in the last moments of this long summer sunlight day. I hope you will join me on my porch this Wednesday morning or evening as I link up with #158 White Wednesday.

One of my favorite items on my porch is this Rose Cottage sign which was a gift from my friend Rita, of Mammabellarte .  She designs and creates a wonderful selection of signs in every shape, size and saying.
A must have for everyone!








Happy Wednesday!

HuGs,
Rose


10 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,

    Your porch is so very lovely! What a beautiful setting to relax and have some quiet time mmoments. Have a wonderful week!

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Kate and I come for a visit? We'd love to enjoy your beautiful porch with you :)

    Blessings to you,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything Rose and so peaceful too! Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!
    I hope life is keeping you busy :) I am loving the clean and simplistic approach to your porch.I will see you soon,I am doing the September show!!

    XO,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sheila, I love your home. Your style of decorating is so charming. And what sweet family and friends you have. Please keep sharing, I am a new follower and will come back again!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH Sheila for your kind note. I greatly appreciate when anyone leaves a comment!

      HuGs,
      Rose

      Delete
  6. Hi Rose,
    Sorry I missed you yesterday! Just love your front porch...it looks so inviting and I bet those roses smell heavenly!! Rose, I'm in love with the fabric on those gorgeous pillows...did I miss something??
    Hope you're enjoying your evening!
    xoxo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rose
    Love all the great stuff I bought from you yesterday at the Irvine sale ~ does your friend who had the wire thing I bought have a blog too?
    My blog is http://whiteironstonecottage.blogspot.com
    Blessings
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. hairdressing furniture

    Hi. I love the rustic effect of your porch. It doesn't look shabby or out of place. Its just gorgeous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rose! I LOVE your little piece of heaven! It is so you. Can't wait to see you and your goodies!

    ReplyDelete