Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fireworks and Festivities!

I make no excuses or apologies for not blogging for over 6 months.  It's just called Living Life.

So no looking back, just forward.  Happy 4th of July.  A great day to combine fireworks and festivities!



I love the look of Old Glory gracing a home all year around. Here she flies proudly in my front yard. (My husband hates that I like to leave my flag up 24/7.  He likes to honor the rule of only flying a flag at night when it is properly lit.  Sorry, but he looses this one.)


Probably seems a little over kill - but when you enter my home you are welcomed by the a vintage stars and stripes flag backdropped against a old tin star. This flag stays up all year and only comes down at Christmas time when I hang a wreath on the star.


   Gracing the table for the BBQ.







What's a 4th of July celebration without some sweets!






One of my absolute favorite items ever bought at a flea market was amazing flag bunting, I got it about 5 years ago in Texas at my favorite out of the way flea market.  The lady was asking $3 and I knew it was such a steal, I gave her more.  She must have thought I was crazy. 

Happy 4th of July!





No comments:

Post a Comment